It’s Thursday evening. It’s a grocery-shopping night yet I’m here in my cozy room blogging because I’m too exhausted to shop. Instead, I’m thinking about how the first week of 2009 went. Here are the random things I’ve noted this week:
1. The ladies’ room has two new flower vases, one at each side of the long counter with a mirror. The flowers are fake, like most of the things we have here in Dubai, yet the lovely lady who cleans the room has filled the glass vases with water.
2. In the prayer hall at work, men seem to be burping a lot during prayers and a couple of ladies are coming in wearing short skirts.
3. The ladies I’ve met and befriended seem to have disappeared. I no longer see them around during prayers. I hope they didn’t lose their jobs though. A lot of people are getting laid off due to the economic crisis.
4. Our brothers and sisters in Gaza are still struggling for their basic human right to life in their own country. I can’t believe this is still going on. Please let this end, ya Allah. Please let there be peace and harmony. Ameen.
5. I’ve joined this fabulous site called Spark People to help me set my weight loss goals, and keep track of my diet and exercise routine. It has a lot of options to customize my fitness and nutrition plans, and best of all, it’s absolutely free! Thank you for the link, Sabiha.
6. I’ve learned that stretching exercises prior to and after cardio workout is essential so as not to injure the muscles and ligaments. I did stretch earlier this morning; I’ve stretched the latissimus dorsi muscle so bad that my left side is now sore.
7. Someone asked Masood earlier this week,”Is it true that living in America makes your skin white?”
8. I watched Jumbo, a Hindi animated movie, which features the story of a young elephant. The story is about family, love, courage, friendship, and loyalty. I love cartoons!
9. Jincy, a colleague and friend, is getting engaged on January 10, to be married on February 1. Congratulations!
10. A family friend, Farheen, is expecting her second child! Congratulations!
That’s all for now. Have a great weekend, everyone!