A lot of us have filled up an insurance claims form at point or another. However, this post is specifically about “Auto Accident Insurance Claims” which, of course, always start with an accident. If you are involved in a car accident, you should (at the first opportunity) report this accident to your insurance carrier and begin the process of filing a claim.
But, try to read and re-read what you write in the claims form, and make sure that you DO NOT describe the accident like some people carelessly do. I had received an email from a friend, on how some people described an accident.
Below are a few examples of how people have described an accident when they filled up their insurance claim forms:
– Coming home, I drove into the wrong house and collided with a tree I don’t have.
– I was backing my car out of the driveway in the usual manner, when it was struck by the other car in the same place where it had been stuck several times before.
– The indirect cause of this accident was a little guy in a small car with a big mouth.
– I was thrown from my car as it left the road. I was later found in a ditch by some stray cows.
– The guy was all over the road. I had to swerve a number of times before I hit him.